Subject: [Leica] Re: "Sealed in the Box"
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:27:46 -0400

Lug Nuts,
    As I remember it, from my association with the late British collector E.
John Newton, Leica M4s, and probably earlier cameras left the factory with
their boxes wrapped in brown paper(possibly with some sort of Leica or E.
Leitz GMBH logo) and sealed with a paper tape that definitely had E. Leitz
GMBH logs printed on it.
    It was later decided not to shrink wrap things because most people would
pay Leica prices with out seeing the product first.
    Hope this further confused the issue.

Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.