Subject: [Leica] Re : Nachtwey, Capa, Salgado, Evans, etc
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:47:39 -0400

A fellow Lugger wrote...
        "Leicaphile Alfred Eisenstaedt said:  'I do not photograph blood or
war or the homeless. I would not want anyone to photograph me stretched out
on the subway steps.'
 Somehow he managed to eke out a career, anyway."
    Eisie's office on the 28th floor of the Time-Life Building in New York
city is next to his closest friend, Carl Mydans. Carl did photograph blood
and war and the homeless. He also managed to eke out a career, anyway.
    Don't any of you realize, there is room out in the world for all types
of photography and photographers.
   No one is right or wrong.
Lastly, a bit of humor from the late Bob Schwalberg.....
    Q: In what essential respect are painters different from  photographers?
    A: Painters are capable of conduction long conversations without
discussing brushes...

Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.