Subject: [Leica] PICTURE IN PRINT
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 07:27:56 -0400

Rick,
    You're probably talking about a one column head shot, here not a major
spread. Leave it alone.
You will only make a fool of yourself by suing the newspaper and parents.
    Your pictures on T-shirts, coffee mugs, etc., are proud parent and/or
grandparents bragging about their kids. Isn't that what your pictures are
for???
    As to Andrew Moore's missing photo credit. Telling people isn't enough.
You should stamp all you photos AND the caption sheet with "MANDATORY
CREDIT: EGO MAD PHOTOGRAPHER- COPYRIGHT etc.,etc." I do. Nothing leaves my
hands with out my name and a copyright notice on it. This includes
unprocessed film!
    Small papers 75,000 and less usually do not have a budget for photos and
most often use handouts. Only a very few publications credit handout photos.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.