Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Sighting at Nachtwey gathering
From: rkm <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:23:28 -0700

Thanks Donal and Jerry for filling in the gaps and I couldnt have
described the evening better than Donal. By the way, i am a newbie to
James Nachtwey's (sp?) background. If anyone else would like to share
their knowledge, with me and/or LUG, i would be grateful. Today, i spoke
with Keith Johnson of Hasselblad, NJ and he thinks James uses a Leica M
(to keep this OT).

I'm new to this terminology "tableau". What does this mean?

Donal wrote: I was struck by how few "decisive moments" he shoots.  More
he seems to do tableaus.

Did anyone from the list attend the Photo Expo in L.A. today? This
morning, on the way to the Pantry diner on Figueroa Street, I greeted
someone this morning who had a black/chrome M6(?) slung from the
shoulder, but unfortunately i had forgotten that i was also incognito
(watchful of panhandlers along that stretch of Figueroa Street). The
person did turn back to look back after half a block.

back to my cave....
ms. bee-lian tan