Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ??? commercial point ofview !!!
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:08:49 -0400

Tom Schofield jotted down the following:

> Obviously, the price is the deciding factor with the 180 Summicron, but it
> really is a pity that it did not catch on more.

I'm surprised that they've sold 500 of the beasts.  The number of people who
have the need for the extra stop at that focal length and who can manage the
bulk and cost must be very low indeed.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | It's not who you are, it's who
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | you know that counts.

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ??? commercial pointofview !!!)