Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of Tele's!
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 22:15:28 EDT

Now I'm a little confused -- go figure.  Mark, are you saying that I'd get
*more* grain if I go the 1:100 route?  The highest dilution I've ever used
was 1:50; liked it overall, but I find i do NOT like Rodinal with faster
films like Tri-X.  Since it's a fairly high-acutance soup, I think it only
accented the already--grainy-ish Tri-X.

But now the question of what time??  As I only have the one roll at present
(it's hard to find around here), I don't want to eat up the whole thing in
testing.  Seems somewhere I heard, though, that Rodinal had a pretty linear
time curve ie if it goes at 5min 1:10, it'd be ~10 at 1:25 (isn't that the
first "normal" dilution it gives times for on the box?) and ~20 with 1:50.
Anyone know if this is true?

In any event, wish me luck!
Thanks
Scott