Subject: [Leica] Speaking of Tele's!
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:05:13 EDT

Hi all,

Perhaps someone can point me in the tight direction?  Last month I went up to
the Pacific Coast Rowing Championships on Lake Natoma, outside of Sacramento,
M3 and Tele-Elmarit in hand (with the 50 Summicron on standby).  Sort of
grab-that-shot reportage stuff, you know?

What struck me like a diamond tooth saw was the sharpness of the negs i shot
on some Macophot Ortho 25.  Anyone ever used that stuff?  I tell ya!!
They're so sharp (except for the odd caught in motion one) I was shocked.
The TROUBLE is that they're so contrasty I can barely print them.  Went down
to the Darkroom last night to give a try on a couple of notable ones and was
'bout instantly using a #00 filter and still ......  I'd shot one roll of
this stuff before and had even worse trouble (don't think I even bothered
trying to print any), so I deliberately tried cutting the time by like 20%.
The only time I've found said I believe 5.5min at the usual 20C in Rodinal
1:10.  The dilution seemed a bit strong to me....

Anyhow, as I love the look (sorry, no scanner or site, so....) I'd like to
get a handle on it.  I've got one more roll shot in a similar fashion that I
guess I will try using less time/ more dilution, but anyone have any ideas?
I mean, the Tele and the Ortho were able to pick up easily the wiskers on
some of the rowers at around 30-40 feet.  Wow.

Thanks !
Scott