Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:05:53 EDT

Buzz - No, indeed, I was referring cursedly to the ludicrous folding rubber
hood for the Tele.  Not only do I feel it too shallow, the thing simply won't
stay uh excuse the expression... erect if even slightly disturbed.  I'd would
INDEED love to find a proper metal (or even plastic) one that either clips on
and reverses, or at least that I can screw into the regular threads on the
lens itself.

So then, am I to understand from your post that something *is* amiss with the
threads on the hood retaining ring of my T-E?  I kinda thought as much, but
I've never really looked into it....  Am I also to infer from you that such a
proper shade is out there?  Like you said, Buzz, surely someone must have a #
for it...

BTW: I realized when my own post showed up on my machine that I hadn't
finished the last sentence!  Sorry; got interrupted.  I meant to say that I
guess you see kinda like me, Johnny, 'though I, alas, cannot claim any images
with anywhere near the impact with which yours ont he website hit me.
Awesome!

Scott