Subject: [Leica] Subjective opinions on "Russians"
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:19:07 EDT

Hey, anyone have anything to say on the merits or curses of this Russian
35/2.8 I got for a song?  I had intended for it to be a stop-gap measure 'til
I got a Summicron or something, but haven't gotten 'round to that.  In fact,
I haven't even done any real "testing" of it, to be honest.  Oh, I've used it
plenty, but haven't really printed anything which I *knew* was shot with it
(OK, I've got my jacket on: Go ahead and blast me!).  Most of my prints wind
up from my Skinny Tele or last-version Summicron 50; a handful of the old 50
too, for its "look."

Anyway, I don't have it in front of me, but I believe it's a Jupiter 14;
supposedly a copy of a pre-war Biogon....

Thanks
Scott

Replies: Reply from Damian Dlugolecki <damian@teleport.com> (Re: [Leica] Subjective opinions on "Russians")