Subject: Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:19:11 -0700

Rich Lahrson wrote:

>      Why not shoot with the 50mm Summarit for a limited time, like a month?
> At f/5.6 or f/8, you're not going to see any difference unless you're
> trying to, like using Tech Pan or Kodachrome 25 with a tripod and enlarging
> or projecting really big.
>
>      Besides, then you'll have your own opinion, should you wish to trade.
> I'd strongly suggest keeping the Summarit and considering, after using it,
> whether you would prefer a wider or longer lens as a second optic.

Hi Rich ... and thanks for jumping in.

I've already used the Summarit a bit, and fully intend to keep it. I do
not wish to trade.  I know that I want a 50mm as my next lens.  After
that will come a 35mm and then one of the 90mm lenses.

I often use different versions of the same focal length -  for example,
I have five 85mm lenses and a similar number of 35mm lenses in my SLR
system - depending on the optical characteristics I'm looking for, the
body I'm using, the subject, or, frankly, my mood.

What  I was hoping to get by posting my question were users impressions
of the lens(es) they use and what they like/dislike about them.
Subjective evaluations and comments mean a lot to me.

I'll always form my own opinion, but, you know, it's said that the more
you know the better your luck.  Thanks again.
- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net

Message from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Choosing a 50mm Summicron)