Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm vs 21mm for M6
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 19:30:18 +1000

ZaaX@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Zack

I have the 21 asph and I can't fault it for landscapes, but gee it's
wide for up close subjects.  Took some shots of the family having coffee
at the local lah-tey strip a little while back, and the distortion at
the edges was something to behold.  Fat heads, warped hoses, the lot.
My mum wasn't happy with the look it gave her! Sharp, no doubt, just
wierd.  If you keep one person up close in the middle of the frame it
looks great, or a group in the middle.  But anyone's head at the edge,
well, they're not gonna thank you.

So, if I had my time over, I could easily go fo the 24 Asph instead.  24
owners, how does the edge distortion shape up?

Regards

Rick Dykstra

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] 24mm vs 21mm for M6)