Subject: [Leica] First Images, and Agfa Scala
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 19:23:00 +0200

Simon wrote:

>Not sure if it can be processed at home.  I send it to a Scala lab so there
>may be some special process involved.  Someone else on the list may know
>about that.

The Agfe Scala initially was a development of Foto Dormoolen in, I think,
Hamburg.
Later Agfa took it over. The film should be developed by designated
laboratories, that indeed
have a special development line. I saw the setup in Amsterdam, at S-Color on
the Singel, and
there was a whole machine, with its own line of chemicals, for Scala only.

The Scala 200 x is the newest, and it should withstand pushing better. I
used it at 1600 ISO
See the middle picture in the bottom row at:

http://home.wxs.nl/~sanderva/cuba.html

The other pictures, including a sunset (!), were taken at 200.
See also the B&W pictures at my yet unfinished pages on Syria, all taken
with Scala 200x at 200.
A great film, scans well, and you should really see it in projection!

http://home.wxs.nl/~sanderva/photography_page.html

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam, Holland