Subject: [Leica] M6 meter
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 12:22:45 +0200

Many people have complained about the way the M meter drains the battery if
the shutter dial is not set to B. I have found with my two bodies that one
('98 vintage) has this problem: the meter stays on with blinking leds in
low light, whereas the other ('88 vintage) doesn't: in very low light, like
inside a bag or with the lenscap on, the meter simply switches itself off.
This is very convenient. Seems like there are two versions of the
electronics out there. Has anyone else noticed this?
I now have two bodies with two separate viewfinder defects: one has
vertical misalignment, not much but enough to annoy, and the other has the
jumpy parallax adjustment. Actually, the latter I never notice when
actually in the heat of the chase, and it doesn't affect focus.
I use both anyway! But would prefer not to have either problem!
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena