Subject: RE: [Leica] Dropped my M6!
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:12:48 -0800

Eric wrote:

<snip>

I dropped my M6 last night. Or should I say my coat pulled it off a table
and it landed on the lens hood of my 35 Summilux ASPH. The front part of
the lens is now loose. And I am about to fly out to the Northwest! Argh!

Must be something in the air Eric.  I did the same thing except mine is a 35
Summicron ASPH.  Locked up the focus ring nice and tight and seems to have
jimmyjanged the rangefinder.  I was on my way to the airport so I'm trying
to keep my PAD going with my 28mm 2.8 and shooting stopped down and working
the DOF scale.  Messages are on their way to Sherry and Focal Point as we
speak.  Except I get to pay for the mess I've made myself.

For those of you reading this . . . don't try this maneuver at home.  Should
only be executed by PJs and dim whitted amateurs.  :(

Kevin Hoffberg