Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 17:46:02 -0500

At 12:54 PM 1999-01-08 -0600, Walter S Delesandri, yet once again, made a
fool of himself by writing:
>Yes, those thieving japs.....the same ones that brought us those
>crappy Nikons -- you know, that junky F/F2 and that piss-poor
>Nikon SP -- the one that kicked the ass of Leitz/Zeiss.....
>How dare them make the finest cameras yet built and price them
>so that a mortal could buy them......the bastards.

Try out the truth, brother:  the Japanese optical industry STOLE -- took
without paying! -- German designs, and the Allies refused to allow Zeiss
and Leitz and Voigtlander to protect themselves at law.  They got a free
start.  Zeiss had been designing optical devices for 99 years when the
Japanese simply TOOK what they wanted.

Any morons, even the most idiotic buffoons, could build a profitable
industry on this.  Think on it, and don't answer UNTIL you have thought, as
you have a deplorable trait of suffering from foot-in-mouth disease.  IF
you were granted the right to theft all of Nikon or Canon's patents,
guaranteed, no penalties, RIGHT NOW -- couldn't you establish one heck of a
camera company on this foundation?

No, the Japanese are thieves.  Those who buy Canon or Nikon gear are
abetting thievery.  The history is clean and clear.  Sure, I've shot Canon
for years -- but the ethics of it bother me, intensely.  (I DID shoot
Nikon, in the early '70's, but the F2 I had was the poorest excuse for junk
I've ever used, and cured me of this, permanently.  This was a camera which
FED would have been embarrassed to have sold.  The dealer refused to
replace it, as, so HE said, all F2's were junk.  I got a Canon, instead,
but, a decade later, learned the truth about the thieveries, and began to
tailor my equipment to what I was comfortable with.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!