Subject: RE: [Leica] Lens Tests
From: Alistair Stewart <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 16:48:06 -0500

Or buy the (for Leica) lower cost Noctirex model without diaphragm. The
Noctirex will always give you optimum image quality at F1.0 - it's all you
can use it for. If you need to let less light in, I believe that you can get
60mm ND filters to screw in the front - but don't think you'll retain the
image quality.

So let's see. K25 in bright sunlight would be  approx 1/30 @ f16, which I
kalkulate to be the same as 1/1000@ f2. Pop on an ND filter and away you go!
Best Film, best lens at F1.0, and you can use it indoors or out. Carry a
spare body with Neopan1600 , and you're just about covered for every
lighting condition.

I understand for my Leica sources that this model, with no aperture blades
(nor the f-stop ring, as it is redundant) is only available at selected
dealers on the Special Leica day of April 1 each year.

The typo's in this post result from loss of manual dexterity incurred due to
wearing the thick flame-proof gloves that are a part of the suit, boots and
helmet outfit I always wear when posting to the LUG. :=)

Alistair

- ---------------------- Forwarded by Alistair Stewart/NORWELL/GIGA on