Subject: [Leica] Right there on topic as usual: LeicaBooze Redux
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 02:02:21 -0500

At 5 Jan 1999 21:15:21 -0600, Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net> wrote:

> A  man  of reason and taste...and of course the best beer is brewed by
> the in the same country as the whiskey, Scotland.

I'm sorry, I just can't let that pass.  I'm inclined to agree about the
whisky -- my most steadfast spiritous companions would be Lagavulin, The
Macallan, and Bowmore 17 (fades when it's older, doesn't it?), despite some
serious occasional temptation from that French (what'd be the masculine
equivalent of `siren'?), Pierre Ferrand's rich, mouth-filling Abel -- but
Scottish beer?  I have to give the Belgians the nod for beer.  Over and
over again.  Too many examples to even try to encompass.

 -Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>