Subject: Re: [Leica] Proof of ownership.......
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:58:41 -0500

The manager of my local camera store was the victim of a household robber
who took all of his Nikon gear.  (I know, I know, he's a nice guy, but a
bit thick-witted:  he's from West Virginia, so I guess it's a miracle he
uses even Nikon!)

A week later, the thief shows up and tries to sell the gear to the victim,
at his store!  Roger simply asked him to have a seat, called the police,
and had the guy arrested.

Yes, Roger had complete serial number records, and yes, he had the gear
fully insured (and, in fact, had already been paid by his carrier, so the
recovered stolen gear went to the insurance company).

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!