Subject: [Leica] Value Added and Nazi Cameras
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:57:41 -0500

As a Jew and a Leica user, I have thought about these matters.  One thing
that would certainly makes me uneasy is if there is value added created for
an object simply because it has a Nazi connection.  I suppose one can test
this by comparing a Nazi camera with a non-Nazi camera of equal rarity and
see which one commands the higher price from collectors.  However, I am not
a collector, so I cannot comment on the many vagaries that go into
determining the price a collector is willing to pay for a particular item.

I should ask my father, a Jew who fought the Japanese, if it ever made him
uncomfortable back in the early Sixties that I bought both German and
Japanese equipment?  I suppose not since he bought his first Volks Wagon
when Hitler had been dead only ten years.

	Buzz Hausner