Subject: [Leica] Comprehensive guide to R-M adapters?
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:54:23 +0000

Has anyone compiled enough information on the various adapters, including the recently discussed 14 127? What I'm looking for are 1. a list of these adapters; 2. what they work with (i.e. are they intended only for lenses of specific focal lengths, specific bodies, etc.) 3.  what the limitations are - stop down metering only, manual metering only, focus range limitations (close focus only, lack of infinity focus, etc.) 4. any physical caveats (i.e. this adapter with this lens will damage your CL or M5 metering cell or screw up your depth of preview mechanism on your R body)...

One of my wish list items is to be able to use a Noctilux on an R-body.  I'm not concerned with limited metering modes, like manual and/or aperature; most importantly that focussing is accurate and the adapter would not screw up something on the body.

John

P.S. and if you have one of these objects for sale, email me privately :-)  !