Subject: [Leica] Re: Rattlesnake wrestling
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 08:54:44 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

While I'm a worse offender than you, Roger my friend,
NO one on this group can point fingers for "oververbiage"
Glass houses, you know.  Perhaps after at least 40-50 years of "lens tests"
these guys (male and female guys, of course) would give it a rest.  Not so.
After listening to the same "21-28-35-summaron-summicron-nikkor-blahblahblahblah
drivel for 20 years, I enjoy the "Off topic" or "tangential"(SP?) posts
the most.  It appears that we have some REAL photographers using Leicas (+others,
like all REAL photographers).  I'd love to hear more about their experiences,
stories, travels, dangers, drunken stupors, etc. and a hell of a lot less
about the DAMN 135 lenses.  I won't make the ridiculous challenge of asking our
experts to identify slides shot with Hektor/Elmar/Elmarit/Nikkor/Canon all at
f8 -- that's been proven impossible dozens of times over the years in my
circles.  The important thing is that the BEST 135 lens is the one on the
Nikon, not because of lens quality, but because it's too damn long for a
rangefinder, and Nikons usually work.

But there I go again with my babble!

God bless Tina and her travels with Leicas.  Please tell us about it
when you get back, and I don't mean which lens was sharpest!!  The magazine
don't know/care.

Thanks for the post Roger!  Is this better?
CU later,
Walt.