Subject: [Leica] An Honor (Email from the University)
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 23:59:22 -0500

I didn't seek this out, but I'll take it!  This status used to only apply
to faculty, but since my retirement it was modified to include others.

[I've been doing all I can to preserve the UWM Photo Services slide
collection.  Most of the transparencies were going to be abandoned in the
former studio as it was turned over to the Anthropology Department, but I
emailed the Chancellor and his office got the university archives to do
more than they had so far.  It looks like I might be given a
space on campus to help identify, prioritize, and organize the images.  The
B&W and color negatives had been transferred to the archives years ago, but
the slides had never made it.]
===================================================================================================================================

Dear Mr. Magayne-Roshak:

I am very pleased to inform you that I concur with the recommendation of
MarComm?s Director of Media, Mary Baylor, that you be granted emeritus
status as a member of the UWM university staff. I want to congratulate you
on this distinction. It represents a fitting achievement to your long and
distinguished career with UWM.

Your many years of service to the university community are appreciated by
your friends and colleagues alike. Your service has helped UWM grow into an
esteemed university. Even in your retirement, the university is still
benefitting from your store of knowledge.

On behalf of our university, I want to recognize and thank you for your
service and to wish you many happy and productive years of retirement. All
the best.

Sincerely,

Liv

--

Olivia (Liv) Hwang

Vice Chancellor for Marketing, Communications & University Relations

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

--
Alan

(Retired)