Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 16:59:08 -0500

Peacocks are a long strange story in the local three or four
neighborhoods.  About 15 to 20 years ago someone brought in a breeding pair
of peacocks who bred.  This was west of me in a much higher appraised value
neighborhood with a larger number of people who were new to money and felt
entitled.  This group complained about the cocks making the noise that
peacocks make.  It went all the way to a vote in the city; the complainers
lost so there are several sets of peacocks in the neighborhood and there is
still some resentment which is why the signs are still up.

As an addition, there was a group of guinea fowls that were really
entertaining to watch interact with each other and the various dogs out on
a walk.  Someone purposely ran them over last year in an act of
maliciousness.