Subject: [Leica] IMG: Two herons
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 00:15:59 +0000

Adam Bridge wrote:

So, while I was photographing the blue heron a man walks up and asks me if
that is a swan. I don?t think he was a birder.I told him it wasn?t and that
swans are in short supply here but that if he wanted to see really large
white birds by the cubic acre he could head out of town to where the snow
geese are hanging out.He was really disappointed it wasn?t a swan because
he?d always wanted to see one. Then I helped him see the green heron and
told him about the cormorants he?d see up ahead. I?m sad that the river
otters haven?t been back to the arboretum in a while. It?s a bit of an
overland traverse but there are some rather large carp there for the taking.
Maybe carp aren?t to an otter?s taste?
<<<

Mute swans (invasive, non-native) are in good supply at Mather Lake, and
this time of year wild Tundra Swans are abundant in the agricultural fields
near Marysville;  there are often Tundra Swans in the far corners of the
Yolo Bypass wildlife area...  I've occasionally seen Tundra Swans flying
over downtown Sacramento

Doug Herr Birdman of Sacramento http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] IMG: Two herons)