Subject: [Leica] Real Radios Glow In The Dark
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 14:58:35 -0800

Demonization and polarization, not so good.? But it's how things are
these days.? His world views aside, I have some affinity for his
attitude about vacuum tubes ("valves" for any British Commonwealth
folks). I first learned electronics and amateur radio messing with old
tube equipment, which was plentiful and often reasonably priced in the
1960s and 70s. That background helped immensely when I switched careers
in the 80s.

Everything is based on "squintegrated" circuits and near-microscopic
surface mount components now. But the basic principles are still the
same. And tubes did have a comforting glow. Plus, they helped keep one
warm in the winter.

--Peter

 > I found the sign on this closed business amusing: "Real Radios Glow
In The> Dark." This is in the small town of Hicksville, Ohio.