Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers SonC
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 10:02:10 -0500

After some digging, I found that my first email posting of Friday Flowers
was on 8/13/2004.
I've posted a flower for every Friday since then, never missed, even the
week I had knee surgery.

I usually post them on Thursday in the States as I have friends and my
Sister-in-law in Japan and Asia, and it's Friday there.

When I started, I knew next to nothing about flowers, but luckily, this
town has many. My former neighbor Adreen was a master gardener, and the
little dell next to my building at work was a haven for wildflowers.

Now retired, I don't range very far, but Kathy has taken up flower
gardening after inheriting a mature plot at our new to us house, so, lucky
me.

The aim is more about portraits of flowers rather than just images.
Flowers are accommodating and much nicer than people in that regard.

Most important to me has been the light, the whole point.

This week, at the height of a brutal summer, we're short of blooms but
heavy on light. That led me to do something I've never done before and
repeat a flower. For a second week, Kathy's desert rose, a sturdy and
beautiful bloom, in a shaft of sunlight at midday.

https://sonc.com/look/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/DSC5013web.jpg

Sony A7r4, Sony FE 20-70G @ 66mm, 1/1000, f4, ISO 640

Older FF:  https://www.sonc.com/friday/index.html
More FF:  https://sonc.com/look/?cat=4