Subject: [Leica] Advise
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2023 13:02:04 -0700

Hi all,
Both my grandsons have expressed interest in doing some photography. One is
10, the other is 8; very different personalities of course! The 10yo has
good concentration; his first idea was to take images of vegetables and
plants early in the morning with dew on them (sounds good to me!); he is
quite the gardener. The 8yo is very "energetic" who quickly moves from one
room (physically and mentally) to another. I understand that a lot of that
has to do with age, but it's in his makeup also. He wants to photograph at
the beach; whales were his first mention. There is a local park with deer,
and lots of bird estuaries around.
So any advice from folks would be greatly appreciated. I really want to
introduce them to photography in a way that will perhaps, in future years,
instill a desire to pick the art back up and enjoy it. I also believe that
iPhoneography is really not something that I was considering, but I'm open
to suggestions. Gear should be as indestructible as possible I guess.
So thanks again to anyone who wants to chime in!
Bob

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Advise)