Subject: [Leica] Topaz AI and Film Grain
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 22:23:29 +0530

Just an addendum about the Topaz products - as Denoise and Sharpen both do
noise reduction and sharpening, using them together on an image might lead
to overkill. Decide whether noise reduction or sharpening is the critical
adjustment for an image and work with one or the other that you feel is
appropriate.

OT, but some might find it useful. For High ISO digital RAW files, DXO
PureRAW works extremely well, even though the user has no control of what
is going on. It is now far more usable as it has been integrated into
Lightroom, and can be used from within Lightroom. It is not for every
image, but it is like magic on noisy, high ISO images. DXO are also one of
the market leaders in Lens Correction software, and that library is fully
integrated into PureRAW. For those with a need, give it a whirl - there is
a 30 day trial version available.

https://www.dxo.com/dxo-pureraw/

Cheers
Jayanand