Subject: [Leica] Jordan
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 13:06:54 -0600

Tina, I'm sorry that this is late to the game: I have been traveling and
your images deserve a large screen and not my phone.  The phone over
saturates your images which is inappropriate for the saturated colors
favored in Jordan.

Your timing and interactions with the people of Jordan are sublime, I very
much felt like I was there.  Your approach this time with eye contact is
very effective.  With that said, I prefer the B&W; maybe something Ted said
about color distracting from the focus on the people.

Last, and I don't mean to add to your workload; on your favorite images or
the ones most likely to be used in the (not for profit) photo market many
of your images would appear better after a pass through some of the newer
denoise and sharpen programs.  Our younger viewers have forgotten what
grain is and that may limit the no money in it photo market.

This is really the last, but your archives do deserve to be in the archives
of a university library: ethnography, social outreach, sociology of the
Central American highlands, many parts of the world late 20th century in
reality instead of whatever the trend is in the future etc.  Your home
state might be a good place to start.  Some part needs to be in the Heifer
Project archives, and the work you did with the doctors might be
appropriate for that charity or the French based Doctors without Borders.

All the best.