Subject: [Leica] The Storm
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 07:51:12 -0600

Two years ago during our little experiment in no electricity a very large
number of homeowners didn't understand how to drain pipes.  Just turning
the water off doesn't get the water out of the pipes.  Since then we have
had a large influx of Californians who will also never experienced what sub
zero temperatures do to water in pipes.  Then there is all the rage for
exterior tankless water heaters.  Lots of folks bought new heaters after
the last freeze.

If our local power overlords did their job we won't run out of power but I
suspect they are paying gas peaker plants to be online in case wind doesn't
blow on the panhandle or blows too hard for the turbines.

Great for the news business and for your son in New Orleans possibly good
business for folks who are willing to pay for a hot shower.

However, maybe this time history is near enough in time people remember and
will change behaviors.

All the best.