Subject: [Leica] Grandpa's Boat
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 07:50:12 -0600
References: <32291AC0-0BFA-484B-B102-785B7B72D7A3@chriscrawfordphoto.com> <CA+3n+_nyqjq0fbpw06CPd3D182FkDkCdchn8-2ge+sM4sO-eZQ@mail.gmail.com> <D0F32636-0B38-4E3A-AFD9-5A967C9AA1C9@chriscrawfordphoto.com> <4f630273-f445-4dbd-b8a7-1d6f8bfd2c25@iol.ie> <CAFfkXxuRkDq_Sm7vY0OH=AHuk_gUdB4kaRdT82DONSZboouRGQ@mail.gmail.com> <7C578B86-9692-4170-9050-C3174D7551E9@chriscrawfordphoto.com> <e9c6eff9-84c3-49b6-9df0-b77cb8fad248@iol.ie> <2C5C846A-AF79-4ED2-BAF9-31CC2D312E53@chriscrawfordphoto.com>

I am glad you are up in the midwest.  Down here in Texas even beat up 80's
trucks sell for stupid amounts of money.  Don't even get me started on
"collectible" 50's trucks that are being tricked out into everything from
50's SoCal cool to bouncing low-riders.  The smart folks who bought diesel
trucks this century are smiling a lot as the engines are still running
well(low sulfur fuel mandated by the EPA vastly reduces wear on bearings
and rings) and with very little salt used the bodies are holding up well.
 500,000 km are not unusual for the work trucks.  Still worth more than 10K
even for the high mileage ones that need new everything accessory(fuel
pumps, water pumps, injectors, power steering pumps, shocks, suspension
bits, wheel bearings, etc).

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com