Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 35: La Vuelta comes to Alicante
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 07:45:45 +0200

The highlight of the week was the 10th stage of the Vuelta a Espa?a, one of
the three Grand Tours (the other two are the Tour de France and the Giro
d?Italia). The 10th stage was a 31 km individual time trial from Elche to
Alicante, finishing on a broad avenue near the train station. I took the day
off to watch the proceedings and positioned myself about 200 meters from the
finish line, in a large roundabout?that advantage of that position was the
the curve forced the cyclists to slow down ever so slightly from the insane
speed at which they were coming down the avenue (70 km/h or more), making it
a bit easier to get in-focus shots (usually by focusing on the road markings
and then releasing the shutter in just the right moment). I also did a fair
bit of cycling of my own, both on the road and on gravel. It?s all here:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=3741

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 35: La Vuelta comes to Alicante)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 35: La Vuelta comes to Alicante)