Subject: [Leica] Medium Format Rolleiflex vs Super Ikonta III
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 00:23:26 -0500

 On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollphotography at gmail.com>wrote:

>Don,

>Thank you very much for your kind words!

>It is true, the preparation on a camera like the Rolleiflex is slower than
with an M, that is why I bought the Super Ikonta which is a rangefinder
camera >faster to use, but it does not have the quality of the Rolleiflex,
in medium format 6x6 there is not much choice of rangefinder cameras, only
Mamiya, >Plaubel , Fuji that I remember, but these are quite more expensive
cameras.

>Regarding the images, I prefer the quality of the Rolleiflex, I find the
Ikonta ones very soft.

>Thank you very much again!
>Lluis
=====================================================================================================================
Lluis, I like the Rollei shots best too.  One 6x6 RF not mentioned is one I
have - an Ansco Super Speedex (same as the Agfa Super Isolette).  The 75mm
f/3.5 Solinar is very sharp.  See <
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Miscellaneous/19890211_MR_Award_OreBoats_19.jpg.html

Another of my favorites (except in the 6x9 format that I like more) is the
Voigtlander Bessa II.  This one focuses even faster than the Speedex.
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Miscellaneous/19910216_MR_SheridanMan_6.jpg.html

(I do love my Rollei with 75mm Planar 3.5 even if it's square.)  Here's all
three:
<
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Gear/19911122_MR_Matanle_Cameras.jpg.html

--