Subject: [Leica] [IMG] [PESO]: Homage to HCB, Tony Ray-Jones and others
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 01:12:36 +0100

They show England at its pastoral best with the sheep at full bleat, Peter.

I always wanted to go to Glyndbourne, but the nearest I got was
listening to Bryn Terfal and I think Cecilia Bartoli in St Padern Church
in Llanberis in July 1996. They had either just performed at Glyndbourne
or were about to.

It was fabulously intimate as the church was very small, and very
special, because the show was only for the Snowdon mountain race team
managers and delegates. Snowdon was hosting the European Championship
that year so the main organiser twisted Bryn's arm as he was from just
over the mountain.

I was lucky enough to be the Ireland team manager at the time, but
because I was also a friend of the organiser, I got put in the front. It
was spine tingling. I had a programme for it, but it vanished in my last
house move.

On your pics, I looked at the images at full size and notice they seem a
little blurry or manipulated. I wonder what filter treatment did you use
in PS or whatever?

Douglas

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] [IMG] [PESO]: Homage to HCB, Tony Ray-Jones and others)