Subject: [Leica] What happens when you put the 35 year old 100 APO on a 45MP camera?
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:16:24 -0700

Focusing aids are available quite easily on the Z cameras and I assume
on other mirrorless cameras.? I have reprogrammed the movie button to
magnify the image for focusing.? It is really convenient and works like
a champ.? I am also capable of getting quite close with the focus w/o
the zoom in the Z7ii viewfinder.? I never could do that with my D700 or
my older Canon as the DSLR viewfinders really sucked for manual focus.

I got three adapters for my old glass and have been testing R, Nikon and
Pentax glass to see how they perform.? So far all my R glass is doing
quite well vs the new Z glass, which is really remarkable.? My 24R is
weak in the corners but the rest is quite good.? The 100 APO shines and
is unbeatable with the Z glass I have.? Kind of fun but not sure how
much I will use them other than the 100 and the 35-70/4.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson