Subject: [Leica] [Leica} Had a camera scare today......
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 06:41:09 +0530

No need to be stampeded into extreme panic like a herd of wildebeest! ?

Occasional issues with age are inevitable, even for the film cameras.
Regular CLA is essential to keep any equipment that we want in good working
order at all times, whether we regularly use them or not, just like
mechanical watches. Many of my film cameras which were stored away for 15+
years without use refused to function when I looked at them a few months
ago. They are now doing a pilgrimage, one by one, to a master technician in
Kolkata for the required CLA + repairs (if necessary).

My first digital camera, a Nikon D70, though lying pretty much unused for
over 12 years, still works perfectly well.

Cheers
Jayanand