Subject: [Leica] IMG: New York
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 11:27:10 +0000

I love the "banned books" item ... Interesting walk through parts of NYC I
know quite well - but haven't seen for a long, long time ! Thanks Nathan !
JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim
________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
Envoy? : mercredi 25 mai 2022 09:27
? : Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>; Olympus Camera Discussion
<olympus at thomasclausen.net>
Objet : [Leica] IMG: New York

My final gallery from the France/USA trip in late April/early May, various
meanderings around NYC. My son is doing an MBA at Columbia now (thankfully,
paid for by his employer), so on the weekdays he had to go there early. I
would get up, go to the hotel?s gym, then make my way to Manhattan (I stayed
in Weehawken, NJ) on the ferry, and then spend the rest of the morning
walking around on my own before meeting up with my son around lunchtime and
then spending the rest of the day together. As you can see, the weather was
not always the best, but on the other hand, cities look good in rainy
weather, and this way I had an excuse to spend more time than planned in the
intellectual oasis, Strand Bookstore (I had to buy one of their backpacks to
carry the books I purchased). A small gallery of 50 images of places that
were familiar to me already, and one place that was not (Roosevelt Island,
my first ever visit there). This was my second visit to NYC in 6 months, and
I have resolved to go back on a regular basis, after the Covid-enforced
2-year separation from my son and daughter-in-law. The images are here:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/nyc_may2022/index.html
<http://www.frozenlight.eu/nyc_may2022/index.html>

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman