Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 05:01:00 -0500

We will start out a little slow today.  I remain fascinated by the sticker
culture that feels like covering signs and poles with stickers.  I presume
that there is some indication of current culture displayed:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/S+Congress+stop+sign+stickers.jpg.html

This home is a few blocks south of the School for the Deaf: I was impressed
by the size of the tank and the quality of the mosaic:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/household+rainwater+tank+with+mosaic.jpg.html

This one is future nostalgia.  The grocery is being slowly demolished
currently with a planned three story building with underground parking
replacement.  I can feel the higher prices three years from now when the
construction is completed.  In the meantime we have a much smaller store
with little selection; the green grocery part is not adequate but the wine
selection is decent:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/HEB+since+1957.jpg.html

I couldn't get on the deck but this mural is on the outside deck of a beer,
dance, and music venue.  It has been closed for two years due to Covid:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Cboy.jpg.html

Downtown in the tourist area there is a pretty good TexMex restaurant with
very nice murals:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Abstract+blue+mural+at+a+restaurant.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/skeleton+on+the+Guadalupe.jpg.html

All the best.