Subject: [Leica] IMG: 12 hours in the 5th arrondissement
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 19:23:40 +0200

I have had a hectic couple of weeks, with travel and work, so I am a bit
behind with my weekly blog, but in the meantime I am working my way through
the many photos I took during my travels.

On April 28th I presented a new study we have done together with the
Community Plant Variety Office in Angers, a couple of hours south of Paris
by train. The following day I was going to travel to Washington. So once my
work at Angers was done in the afternoon, I went to get a Covid test at a
pharmacy (necessary for travelling to the US the following day), and then
took the train to Paris to spend the night there. My flight to the US was on
the 29th in the afternoon, so I had asked our travel agency to get me a
hotel close to a RER (commuter train) station so that I could easily get to
the Charles de Gaulle airport the next day, preferably somewhere in the
Latin quarter. And so it was.

I arrived at my hotel around 11 p.m. on the 28th, checked in and went for a
walk in search of beer. Bars in Paris close early but I found a couple of
suitable watering holes and also took a few night pictures. The next morning
I got up early, as I always do, and went for a walk in the area, visiting
some familiar places (such as Jardin du Luxembourg) and a couple of places
that I had not visited before?the Panth?on, where the great and good of
France (and some deserving foreigners) are buried, and the church of
Saint-?tienne du Mont, one of the oldest in Paris. All in all, I spent about
12 hours in Paris between my arrival late in the evening and getting on the
train to the airport early in the afternoon the following day. A small
gallery of 40 photos shows some of the things I saw during my short visit. I
am not necessarily pleased with every image I have (around 80 altogether
that survived the cull on the plane), but I am pleased overall with a decent
heist from such a short stay.

http://www.frozenlight.eu/paris_apr2022/index.html

Cheers,
Nathan