Subject: [Leica] The long story of the car flambé:
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 10:18:32 +0000

Well, car flamb? is too nice a description for this! What a story !
Fortunately you could get out unharmed. Sorry for the Leica loss ...
JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim
________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Richard Man <richard at richardman.photo>
Envoy? : samedi 14 mai 2022 03:30
? : Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Objet : [Leica] The long story of the car flamb?:

The long story of the car flamb?:
About 4 weeks ago, my wife Karisu had a minor accident, not even a fender
bender, but apparently the previous owner HAD a major accident, the frame
was bent, blah blah blah, but finally we picked it up last night, and in
fact went to see Dr. Strange. Body shop didn't say anything about having it
checked, just said "byeeeee!" (I had some bad vibe about the body shop but
with the car in their hands already, not much we could do...)
I took today off, planning to decompress by going to the Monterey Bay
Aquarium, and some odd stuff happened, AC wasn't working, but then it did,
accompanying by "VSC Trac" and engine check lights, so I said, hmm, we
should probably have the car checked out on Monday, then a couple seconds
later "let me pull out to the next exit," then a couple seconds after that,
"nope. we are pulling over NOW" Stopped the car, smokes coming out, and we
were like, GET OUT, now. now now
Flames shooting up. It was quite an excitement, more than I ever want to
see, let alone to our car. I left my iPhone and my Leica in there. Daughter
wanted to go back to get her bag, and I was like, "nope, we need to move to
the OTHER direction"
Well, then you saw the video and photos. We just went to the tow place, and
I picked out my Leica brand burnt toast. So in fact, Leica is not
indestructible, despite its reputation.
BUT everyone is alive. It could have happened in many worse ways, I'm sure
the insurance will want to talk to the body shop. I suspect maybe a sensor
or two or three malfunctioned, but who knows. There's definitely NO
evidence left

https:/richardman.photo/nPICS/280824095_10217124534264203_6088291997705888193_n.jpg
https://richardman.photo/nPICS/280968545_10217124531664138_2221344561762196172_n.jpg
--