Subject: [Leica] Skype call to Kyiv
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 14:08:28 -0700

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/52005785452/in/dateposted-public/>
F11 to view full screen, press L or click the pic to enlarge.

Kyiv is my wife Katya's home town. After a month and a half of hearing
nothing from her childhood friend there, we finally reconnected. The
friend and her husband are OK. The apartment building where one of her
sons lives was hit by a Russian rocket. The son and his family are
unhurt, but all their doors and windows were blown out. All this is in
the same general area where Katya lived before she left what was then
the USSR.

Leica M10-P with Leitz Summitar 50/2 lens from 1949. I think it back
focuses slightly on the M10-P.? First world peacetime problem. Every
day, my poor wife reads about and sees images of familiar places in
Ukraine being blown to bits.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Skype call to Kyiv)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Skype call to Kyiv)