Subject: [Leica] IMG: A committee in waiting
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:59:12 +0000

Part of the committee of the Blackrock Society wait patiently (sort of)
on Main St. Blackrock for the pub to open. We have an upcoming lecture
on James Joyce and needed to tease out any difficulties beforehand.
Seeing as Joyce lived in Blackrock, and his father John Stanislaus Joyce
did his best to drink away several inheritances in various pubs there,
we had an arrangement to hold a morning meeting about it there in one of
JSJ's frequented pubs, over coffees, but they unfortunately didn't open,
despite battering on the doors: thirst is indeed a terrible driver. The
missing committee were engaged in heavy door battering duty at the time.

Sadly, it later transpired the owner was struck down suddenly late the
previous night, and had to go to hospital. He seems to be improving
thankfully. We repaired to the Starbucks up the road, but should have
gone to my house as I think I make better coffee.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/A+committee+in+waiting.jpg.html

Sony A7II with FE 28-70. Can be seen larger if desired.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMG: A committee in waiting)