Subject: [Leica] Time machine
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:28:27 -0700

The Book of Face just reminded me of a post I made in 2014. Y?all might
enjoy it, so:

?Yesterday I received an email from a "leading photo portal." They had seen
my photos on flickr, liked them, and wanted to interview me for their site.

?For a moment, I thought my big break had arrived. Something about my gently
whimsical photos had at last resonated with the Cyber-Zeitgeist. Soon I
would be a well-known photographer, jetting all over the world like Thorsten
van Overflow and Princess Joie de Vivre. Who knows, I might even be cool
like Kyle Cassidy.

?Then I looked closely at the email. The flickr user who sent it was brand
new, had a made-up name, and only one photo on his site--of an attractive
woman.  The link to supposedly set up the interview pointed to an inner page
at an online gambling site in Russia.  Spam at best, malware bait at worst.

?Oh, well. Back to toiling in obscurity. Be careful out there.?

--Peter

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Time machine)