Subject: [Leica] IMG: Dublin Bay with a Russian Eye
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 17:01:28 +0000

Armed and Ready.
I walked down the few hundred metres from the house to Seapoint and its
Napoleonic era martello tower with a good vista of Dublin Bay. I decided
to give my Moscow made Jupiter 9 with its M39 screw fit a run using a
Leica M adaptor and a Fotodiox M to NEX to fit it to the Sony. I'm not
sure whether it's the Russian factory lens quality control or a poor
quality Fotodiox adaptor, but I've never been entirely happy with this
lens/camera combination. This image shows that it works, but needed
sharpening by 34% using PSE's Unsharp Mask.
The strange thing about this Russian lens is, looking through it, you
felt the need to take possession of everything you see through it...

Martello Tower with cannon deterrent at Seapoint.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Seapoint+Martello+Tower+24_02_2022.jpg.html
Sony A7II with Jupiter 9 85mm f2 lens. Can be seen larger.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) ([Leica] IMG: Dublin Bay with a Russian Eye)