Subject: [Leica] Frosty trip
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 10:42:16 -0800

I decided to go to the top of the ridge to our north up to the
communications towers to see if it was above the fog.? I have made the
trip may times before, but not in fog.? I wanted a picture of the valley
smothered in fog with Autanum ridge peeking up through it.? I never made
it to the top.? About a third of the way up the fog got thicker and
thicker.? Up there it is a maze of dirt roads that crisscross the
hillside? At spots I could hardly see two car lengths in front of me so
we crept along taking roads I thought went to the top but ended up at a
dead end somewhere I think to the east of the top in thick fog.? I did
stop and get a few shots on the way down.? Margie did not want me to try
any more roads even though I thought I spotted my mistake.? There are
houses scattered all along the hillside. If someone lived up there and
was going home at night in this they would have had a heck of a time not
going off the road and down a cliff.

I found a pine tree just off the road.

Pine Tree and Frost-1010342 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w22/Pine+Tree+and+Frost-1010342.jpg.html>

I was not going to walk up to it as the bank was a bit steep, but I am
glad I did.? It was well decorated with frost.? All I had was my Q2,
which was probably not the best tool.? I wanted to go back with my
100APO, but Margie was not too thrilled about me going, so saner minds
prevailed.? Start here for the decorations. View large.? The Q2 can take it.

Pine Tree and Frost-1010370 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/w22/Pine+Tree+and+Frost-1010370.jpg.html>

Comments welcome.
Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Frosty trip)