Subject: [Leica] Summicron-M 50 (1979–94) , need replacement focussing tab
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 08:10:58 -1000

Best to read HOW to put the new tab on... he says you need, sometimes, to
file down the head of some tiny screw.... from the INSIDE of the lens.....

To quote:

All of my focus tabs affix to the lens with an M1.6 nut (not supplied) glued
into the back of the focus tab. An M1.6x3mm screw then screws into the
tab from inside the lens (the head of the screw may need to be filed down to
fit).
See these threads here for details;

Instructions, somewhat:
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/269213-35mm-summilux-pre-ash-focus-tab-redux/

A picture of the back side of the focus tab:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/36QMBSDJH/leica-35mm-summicron-v2-3-focus-tab?optionId=227928922&li=more-from-shop

Do you know where to buy one M1.6 Nut?

But I think that if you sent the lens and parts off to Sherri or DAG, they
could rather easily perform the work.... might cost a bit more, but at
least you would have it done.

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com