Subject: [Leica] A few shots from Gray Lodge Wildlife Area
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:33:46 -0800

Wednesday we went to Gray Lodge to see the snow geese. We?d gone a year ago
and were blown away with how many there were.

There weren?t nearly so many this year - but we saw many more outside the
refuge as we drove up - the rice fields were wet and often with a generous
selection of geese.

But this year there was snow on the coastal range:
<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-z4jbTcJ/A>

We picnicked at our usual spot. Last year zillions of birds, this year?not
so much:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-Wvw4NfF/A>

But there were some. I followed Ted Grants dictum and shot them from the
shadow side:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-Nd7qpCR/A>

and these made for a pleasant composition:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-trzDpJp/A>

I love how wing feathers react during hard use, such as landing:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-Qt8zgTH/A>

I have no idea what this small raptor is. Bigger than a merlin but smaller
than a red tail:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-7P29SC4/A>

This guy stood proud though:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-pc3gf3H/A>

Who knew there were so many one-legged birds? Must be a rehab ward:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-bVds4CC/A>

And there?s this guy who isn?t a mallard:

<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/i-Tz4j732/A>

The entire set is here:
<https://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/Animals/2021-01-12-Greylodge-Wildlife-Refuge/>

Most taken with Fuji X-T3 with the 100-400 but some with Son A7Riii with the
100-400. It died for some reason. One shot with the Leica SL2-S. I dont?
have anything long that works with the SL2 so mostly it was for a couple of
landscapes.

Thanks for looking,

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] A few shots from Gray Lodge Wildlife Area)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] A few shots from Gray Lodge Wildlife Area)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] A few shots from Gray Lodge Wildlife Area)
Reply from ric at CartersXRd.net (Ric Carter) ([Leica] A few shots from Gray Lodge Wildlife Area)