Subject: [Leica] https://leica-camera.com/en-US/photography/m/witness-a-legend?utm_campaign=m11_launch_us&utm_medium=email&utm_source=CRM&utm_term=https%3A//leica-camera.com/legend
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:10:48 +0100

Which reminds me of this, sent on a past January after my visit to Wetzlar,
before Ted left the Leica world.

"
Le 22 janv. 2016 ? 11:42, Philippe <photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com> a
?crit :

Dear Ren?,
Dear Leica team,

thank you in the name of the "crew" for taking our confidential pleas
seriously, and for trying hard in turn to make "our story" even better. Dr
Ted knows nothing about it all.

We fully understand it is a long and careful process for Leica not to go
wrong.

Yet, if I may express a very personal view, you might want to consider that
Ted GRANT will turn 87 this spring. Consequently time is of the essence,
both for him, and for Leica if you decided that he might durably contribute
to your sales.

Insider's note : after a long professional life lugging Leicas around the
world, Ted's currently seeking advice/recommendations from us on the X-pro2
that was announced when I visited Jean-Jacques VIAU at Wetzlar last Friday.
He now intends to ask Fuji Canada for a loaner ?

My honest thoughts?  Were I Leica, I'd hate wasting a golden opportunity
served on a silver platter.

I'll be sending Frau Doktor KAUFMANN a book on Ted's life in the coming
days, and unless you needed more information which I would readily provide
to you, you will no longer hear of me as I now have, along with the other 86
Leica users, done our very best to raise Leica's awareness on what we
consider to be Leica's better interests as well as Ted's.

Thank you so much for your time and dedication again, and as the saying goes
among photogs,

Keep clicking!

Philippe Amard

Order of Canada citation : http://www.gg.ca/document.aspx?id=16283&lan=eng