Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2021: finishing the year in New York
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 10:12:02 -0400

December 31st was our last day in New York, in addition to being the last
day of 2021. So I offer a bit more in this PAD than I usually do.

I started the day by driving to Jersey City to see the large mural of David
Bowie, painted after his death in 2016:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-WJd7zdD/A

We then spent a couple of hours in Central Park. I sometimes jokingly say
that everything is bigger in America, and that was certainly true of the
soap bubbles this guy was making:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dz2Txsf/A

The first signs of the upcoming New Year?s Eve were in evidence:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-smtVtkn/A

We had taken Euclid with us?he loves going on car trips, and he obviously
loves exploring places like Central Park, with all the smells, sights and
other dogs. We did some family portraits as well:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9Vnr7Wr/A

The principal traffic hazard in Central Park:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-p2fZdHv/A

Then New Year?s Eve arrived. In these corona times, this not a time for big
parties, and anyway my son and his wife do not have that many friends here.
So my son had gotten the idea of spending the evening in his office (which
would be otherwise deserted). He works for Boston Consulting Group, and the
office in on the 45th floor of a building in midtown, so it promised great
views of the city during the evening. We got some takeout, my wife bought
some decorations, and this was the official NYE family portrait:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vgwpZc9/A

We could enjoy views like this:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LR7c4nr/A

Then midnight arrived, we drank our toast and looked at the fireworks over
the city (which were a bit underwhelming, truth be told):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n59Q3bT/A

The next morning we drove to JFK and flew to Puerto Rico, where I am right
now.

Happy New Year to all my friends on these lists.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2021: finishing the year in New York)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2021: finishing the year in New York)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 31/12/2021: finishing the year in New York)