Subject: [Leica] PSTCRD : January 1st walk -Douglas , as per the pine tree or so ; -)
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 20:01:31 +0100

Hi Douglas,

Here is what I had written earlier to your post on another list - hope it
helps, if not, come and visit us :-)

"Mostly beech, birch trees and hornbeam. Some oaks, and chestnut trees. All
of them having sprung naturally as the place has long been kept unkempt.

We?re planning to restore the glacis around the castle to its original bare
state. See at
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Metz/Capture+d_____cran+2021-06-24+__+18_18_06.png.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Metz/Capture+d_____cran+2021-06-24+__+18_18_06.png.html>

A group of friends intend to fell the trees, and clear the views, abiding so
to the current zoning regulations i.e. keeping pastoral and farming land
open.
And the newly acquired sheep willl be in charge of keeping it clean,
hopefully.

Nothing to do with massive deforestation for the land is covered by private
or state or municipal forest over thousands of acres around, if this may
reassure you :-)

And this will keep some villagers warm using renewable energy during the
winters to come".

End of quote =-)

Amities

Philippe